Top 2017 Tower Fans ReviewsWhen the heatwave strikes, you need to find a quick and efficient solution to cool down your home without increasing your electricity bill. Therefore, you need to resort to something else than the air conditioner, and what better option than the tower fan? This device creates drafts of cool air that can help you feel more comfortable in the hot days and are more affordable and economic. These being said, let's see which are the top fans to choose from.
- Among all the fans that look alike and use the same principle for creating cool air, the Dyson models stand out with an innovative and futuristic design. The range of devices based on a technology called Air Multiplier is suggestively called AM and there are a few models worth your attention. The AM07 is a stunning and imposing unit that can perfectly blend into a modern home decor. It is a tall unit that measures 7.5" wide x 4.3" deep x 39.36" high and comes in a wide range of colors like silver, blue, or black, with a sleek metallic finish. At first glance, this device looks more like a decoration than an appliance, but it manages to cool your home better than any other model. The large base provides sturdiness and guarantees the fan will not tilt over and cause damage.
- The intriguing shape makes you wonder where are the blades that create air, and the answer is in the advanced technology that draws air from the room into an aperture, multiplying it in order to create more cool air. This allows the fan to deliver cool air without the need of rotating blades that could be noisy and dangerous. There are 10-speed levels to choose from so you can customize its operating according to your needs, thus minimizing power waste. Dyson AM07 can move over 1200 cu.ft. of air per minute in a room, meaning it can easily handle large areas and provide efficiency in a short amount of time. This CFM is impressive and guarantees the high performance of the unit.
- To increase the results even more, the room fan comes with an oscillation feature that can be controlled with one touch. This makes the unit rotate around its own axis so that the air is spread on a larger surface. The maximum oscillation angle is 90 degrees. There is also a programmable timer available with this fan that enables you to set it to operate for specific amounts of time, from 15 minutes to 9 hours. All the selections will me made using the remote control because the fan only has the ON/OFF button. You will find the DysonAM07 very easy to use and maintain, especially since it's very easy to clean thanks to the lack of blades that could collect dust. For any unpleasantness, the device comes with a 2-year warranty and a user manual to help you get the hang of it.
- Another excellent unit that manages to combine a pleasant design with high performance is the Ozeri 3X, a product designed by a reliable company that offers many high-quality room fans. This one is a splendid model with an interesting design that can complement any interior decor. It's tall, in a sleek black finish, with blue fan blades that can be seen through the round grates. This offers a great effect when the fan is running and you can see the blue blades spinning. At the top of the 44" high fan, there is the control panel with intuitive touch buttons that enable you to make your selections. The fan is sustained by a round base made of glass that contributes to the elegant design of this product. All in all, this is a beautiful unit that will surely stand out in your home.
- As for performance, you will also be satisfied with how it will manage to cool the air in your home. The three fans are positioned in line along the tall housing, thus maximizing the cool air delivery. In addition, you can activate the oscillation feature and allow the fan to rotate at 90° in order to spread air on a wider area. It's a powerful unit with three-speed settings that still manages to remain silent in operating so you will not have troubles using it in a bedroom or a living room. The blades are constructed in such way to create opposing sound waves to reduce noise. Moreover, the display features dimming lights that make it suitable for night use without becoming disturbing.
- Thanks to the three pre-programmed airflow settings, the fan can be adjusted for sleep, relaxation, and comfort, depending on your preferences. For added freedom in customizing its operating, there is a timer that lets you program it from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours so you can minimize energy consumption. Use the remote control to make your selections and keep it in the special pocket at the back of the fan so you will never lose it. The drawback of this fan is the short 1-year warranty.
- Our personal favorite is this one from Lasko and this is due to the great price-quality ratio it provides. It's easy to use, efficient in creating cool air, and an affordable choice if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Although not the most stylish and elegant option, this fan boasts a classic design that can be a match for any interior decor. You can choose from a silver finish or a combination of silver and maroon for a more minimalist design. The large grill at the front ensures a powerful blast of air while the wide base keeps the fan standing without any risk of flipping over. The controls are located at the top for easy access and you will not have a problem handling the unit.
- The 42" height allows the fan to distribute the cool air on a large surface, helped by the 45° oscillation feature. The fan is designed using a patented Wind Curve profile that maximizes air distribution while keeping a streamlined design. There are 3-speed settings and even the highest one remains very silent so you won't even know the fan is running unless you check the indicator lights. In case you don't want it to stay on at all times, you can use the programmable timer and set working intervals of up to 7.5 hours.
- The innovative feature that increases the convenience of this fan is the included air ionizer that freshens the air in the room while cooling it. In most cases, the blades can collect dust that is then spread into the air, thus lowering the indoor air quality. The fresh air ionizer of this product purifies the air without creating any harmful ozone, so you will enjoy both cool and clean air using only one device. The 1-year warranty might seem short and could be an issue if you want your investment to be protected for longer.
- Tower room fans come in a variety of shapes and styles, making it easier for you to pick the one that best suits your tastes, but also hardening your choices with the multiple options. However, one model that will surely please your tastes is the Vornado 184 that boasts an interesting design. The black housing is decorated with a silver grate that wraps around the fan and allows for a better air distribution. The diameter of the fan is 11" and the height reaches 41" but the fan remains sturdy thanks to the solid base that prevents it from tilting. All the controls are conveniently placed on top of the unit so you can access them while standing.
- Although the fan works on rotating blades that circulate air, it is designed using a technology called V-Flow that constantly moves air around the room without creating too much noise. This keeps the fan comfortable to use at any time but also contributes to a lower energy consumption since the air is being circulated throughout the entire room. For added energy saving, the Vornado features a timer that you can set for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours and the device will turn off at the end of that time.
- There are 4 different speed settings to choose from so you can customize the amount of airflow distributed by the fan. The motor can circulate around 500 cu.ft. of air, making it perfect for medium size rooms. Whether you use the control panel or the remote control, handling this fan will be piece of cake. It comes with an amazing 5-year warranty, which is 5 times more than the usual warranty. This says much about the reliability of the brand and the manufacturer's trust in their products.
- The last on our list is the Honeywell Fresh Breeze that catches your eye from the moment you see it. The black housing can easily blend into any room of your house and you will love the clean lines and the modern design. With the rounded edges and the wide base, this room fan looks awesome and is very safe to use around children or pets. At the top, you will find the control panel and there is also a remote to help you operate it from a distance, and which is stored on the device so you won't misplace it.
- Aside from looks, this fan also has an efficient operating. It can circulate around 700 cu.ft. of air per minute and even on the highest of the three speeds, it remains silent. In addition, the fan comes with a Breeze mode that simulates outdoor air for a complete feeling of freshness. The air is spread with the help of an oscillating feature that rotates the fan at 90 degrees for maximum room coverage.
- You have many options and you get to have full control over its performance. The programmable timer allows you to set it to work for intervals from 1 to 12 hours, thus adjusting its energy consumption. If you don't use the timer, you can count on the included thermostat to start and turn the fan off. Simply set the temperature you want it to reach and the fan will turn on and off when the level reaches above or below the set temperature. The list of features doesn't end here as you will also find an air ionizer in this fan and a washable pollen and dust filter, two items that contribute to increasing the air quality while cooling the air. The standard 1-year warranty is also available with this fan.
Here you will find the best rated tower room fans of the moment, analyzed and rated according to their key features. We give extra credit to the units that offer a good performance/price ratio.